Joining the Wooden Cross
Joining the community of the choir is a singular act, entering a family that is open to the world, faithful to Christ’s message and living an extra-ordinary human experience through artistic pursuit, trips and encounters. To join the choir is to be at the service of others, with humility, confidence and enthusiasm; to be a messenger of peace and hope for others.
In order to participate in our recruitment, you don’t have to have taken singing lessons or to have achieved a high level of musical theory. But it is important that candidates have both a good ear and a good memory.
The vocal and musical training are undertaken by a team of musical directors made up of artists and professionals:
- The artistic director and principal choirmaster;
- A deputy choirmaster, piano and organ accompanist;
- A deputy choirmaster and musical theory teacher;
- A vocal technique teacher and soloist coach.
Choral singing is part of the student’s programme in the same way as his other subjects and takes place in the school’s dedicated rehearsal rooms. The boys spend eight to twelve hours a week in vocal and musical training, ranging across vocal technique; choral singing (tutti or by part), and music theory. Choristers need to be self-sufficient, and not have any particular academic difficulties in order to succeed.
How to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com or call +33(0)9 80 90 34 34
Four days are scheduled in 2017 :
- Saturday 11 February2017
- Saturday 11 March 2017
- Saturday 13 May 2017
- Saturday 10 June 2017
Auditions take place during the whole day, in three stages and include:
- Musical audition: the candidate recites a poem and interprets one song of their choice and one selected by the Manecanterie. There is also an auditory test.
- Parents’ interview: during the child’s audition, the parents meet the educational team to discuss the project and its implications for their family life.
- Group interview: a workshop with all the candidates takes place at the end of the day.
New for 2017
Several pre-selections will take place in Paris and Lyon. If you are interested in being kept up-to-date about these dates, please send an email to